Participate in custom enterprise application development and maintenance for large corporations both within Asia and worldwide.
- Participate in the software development life-cycle.
- Perform system analysis, design, testing and documentation whenever necessary.
- Perform unit testing and system integration.
- Maintain and support project post-implementation activities.
- Ensure timely delivery of assigned work.
- Provide recommendations and to assist in the preparation of project plans, time and resource estimates, and priorities
- Responsibility & accountability for the task tracking, reporting & completion to deadline of assigned tasks or team.
- Mentoring and education of junior staff.
- Any other tasks assigned by the Management as and when required.
- A minimum of 4 years solid experience, relevant to the following skill sets:
- Java (J2EE/JEE)
- MySQL, Ms. SQL or other relational database design
- Insurance knowledge is a plus
- Opportunity to travel to Asia Pacific country.
- Good Command of English communication skills – both written and spoken.
- Able to communicate in Mandarin and Cantonese is a plus point.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- Ability to work together with other developers in a team environment.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to see a task through from assignment to completion with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work efficiently to meet tight deadlines.
Position: Senior Software Engineer – Java